Everyone loves a good happy hour. Thankfully, we live in a town that has happy hour galore.
Fort Collins is no stranger to breweries, bars and taprooms. Happy hour specials can be found every day of the week, for hours at a time.
Old Town Fort Collins, also known as “The Napa Valley” of Colorado, has 9 breweries and two dozen bars.
From the finest of wines to tall boy Pabst Blue Ribbon, everyone can find their niche without breaking the bank.
Sunday is the day for happy hour specials, bars and restaurants are overflowing with half off and discounted drinks:
- The Drunken Monkey offers half off PBR, Blue Moon and Coors pints all day long.
- From 3-7 p.m., Bondi Beach Bar has $2 domestic beer, select microbrews and well cocktails. They also offer $3 house wines and $5 appetizers.
- Western-style saloon and Irish pub, Lucky Joe’s, offers $2 vodkas and $2.50 New Belgium beers from 3-7 p.m.
- All day at Steakout Saloon, you can enjoy $1.75 domestic drafts and $2.50 Jaeger shots and wells.
- Washington’s Sports Bar and Grill has a great deal on 2 for 1 cocktails and $6.46 burgers from 4-9 p.m.
- Trailhead Tavern has the most deals for a Sunday afternoon, offering $1.50 PBR pints, $2 domestic pints, $2.50 microbrew pints, $3 premium micro pints, $5 PBR pitchers, $6 domestic pitchers, $8 micro pitchers, $10 premium micro pitchers, $2.50 wells, $3,50 calls, $4 premiums and wings and a pitcher for either $16 to $19.
- The Yeti Bar and Grill has tasty 32 ounce mojitos for only $6 from 3-6 p.m.
- The Blind Pig’s all day brunch special; starting at 10 a.m., you can get $1 mimosas in five different flavors, $5 bloody marys and all you can eat brunch for only $14.
- The Rio Grande has happy hour from 3-6 p.m. and offers $1 off margaritas and $3 drafts. You can also get $3 tacos and $5 appetizers, perfect for having a “Margarita Monday.”
- Austin’s American Grill has $5 martinis, house vodka, gin, cosmopolitans and lemon drops. They also offer $5 mojitos and wine, $3 domestic crafts and $3.50 microbrew drafts.
- Coopersmith’s has happy hour on the poolside from 3-6 p.m. and on the pubside from 4-6 p.m., offering $2.50 mugs, $3.50 20 ounce pints and $10 pitchers.
- Tap N Handle offers $1 off most drafts from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Decorated as a stoner’s paradise, Cheba Hut has $2.50 craft brew pints and $2 PBR tall boys from 4:20-6:20 p.m.
- From 3:30-6 p.m., Enzio’s Italian Kitchen offers $5 glasses of wine and specialty drinks like mojitos, dirty martinis and red sangria.
- Old Chicago’s happy hour includes $2.69 draft pints, $1 off craft and import pints, as well as cocktails and wine. You can also indulge in a $2.69 mini one-topping pizza and half off all appetizers from 3-6 p.m.
- Tony’s has $2 domestic drafts, $3 micro drafts, wells and Jim Beam and Jose Cuervo shots from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The Drunken Monkey sells $3 margaritas and $10 Corona buckets from 5-7 p.m., the ultimate happy hour to bring out your inner jungle animal.
- For a classier route, Jay’s Bistro offers $3.25 local beers and $6 martinis, well drinks and select wines all night long.
- Pueblo Viejo has $3.75 house margaritas and $1.75 draft beers from 3-6 p.m.
- From 2-7 p.m., The Blind Pig offers $3 select microbrews and wells, $2.50 domestics, $4 house wines and appetizers ranging from $5-$7.
- From 3-6 p.m. and 10 p.m.-2 a.m., The Crown Pub has $3 premium wells, drafts, house wine and $5-$9 appetizers.
- The Rio Grande has two happy hours on Thursdays. From 3-6 p.m., you can get $1 off margaritas and $3 drafts. From 9 p.m.-12 a.m., margaritas are half off for their College Night Special.
- The Colorado Room offers $2 domestics and wells, $3 select vodkas and $1 off craft drafts from 3-6 p.m.
- At Illegal Pete’s from 3-8 p.m., you can enjoy $2.50 Coors Light, $3 wells, $3.50 select craft drafts, $4 house margaritas and free chips and salsa with any bar purchase.
- Lucky Joe’s offers $1 off all wells, wines and drafts from 3-7 p.m. From 7 p.m.- 12 a.m., you can get $3 draft beers and Bomb shots.
Friday nights are usually a crowded mess in Old Town, so hit the bars early and catch the good deals.
- Bondi Beach Bar offers $3 double wells and $4 long islands from 7-10 p.m.
- High Point Bar has $2 PBR and Bud Light, $3 wells, $3.25 drafts and $3.50 wine from 4-7 p.m.
- From 3-6 p.m. and 9 p.m.-2 a.m., The Mainline offers $2 appetizers, $3 craft beers, $3.50 wells, $1.50 off Breckenridge and Wynkoop drafts and $5 house wines.
- From 1-6 p.m., Pinball Jones has a daily special of $1 off top shelf bottles as well as plenty of arcade games.
- Pour Brothers offers $3.50 wells, $1 off all drafts and a free photo booth from 12-6 p.m.
- On Saturdays, Lucky Joe’s has a plethora of options like $1.50 Bud Light and Coors Light, $2.50 wells and micro drafts, $3.50 Guinness and $1 off all wines all day long.
- Mulligan’s Pub has discounts on select wines, drafts and liquors from 11 p.m.-2 a.m.
- From 2-7 p.m., you can get $2.50 Captain Morgan and Coke, Jaeger shots and wells at Steakout Saloon.
- Trailhead Tavern also offers $2 domestic pints and $6 pitchers, $2.50 microbrews and $8 pitchers, $2.50 wells and $4 beer and bratwurst special from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
My Favorite Happy Hour Specials
With so many options for happy hour during the week, it can be hard to narrow down a day and place to go.
My favorite day for happy hour specials is Sunday. Almost every bar and restaurant in Old Town has something going on.
I start my day at the Blind Pig, indulging in the Sunday brunch special.
I order a classic mimosa with orange juice and tell my waitress to “keep them coming.” Once I’ve enjoyed biscuits and gravy and bottomless mimosas, I travel toward the Old Town Square in search for another special to keep me happy.
My next stop is the Yeti Bar and Grill for a classic mojito. The deal was once a 12 ounce mojito for only $2, now the Yeti offers 32 ounce mojitos in beer mugs for $6. If you have time to kill and good friends to spend the day with, a mojito mug is the right choice.
After spending a chunk of my day nursing a giant mojito, I head out for Lucky Joe’s. Here, I wind down my happy hour bar crawl with a $2.50 Fat Tire from New Belgium and a ridiculous amount of peanuts.
Now that I’ve had my fill of discounted alcoholic beverages, it’s time to head home (always with a sober driver) and relax for the remainder of my Sunday.
Old Town Fort Collins is always bustling with people, music and excellent drinks.
With so many bars and restaurants at your disposal, it isn’t hard to find amazing specials on your favorite beer, cocktails or food.
Happy hour is available multiple times a day and seven days a week.