Classic Movies To Watch This Holiday Season

Photo by Tom Rickhuss on Unsplash

When you don’t feel like braving the cold this winter, get some friends together, grab a cozy blanket and a warm drink, and watch some holiday movies. Not sure which one to choose? No worries! Here is a list of the top holiday movies chosen by CSU students.

• Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Rudolph is definitely a classic that you can watch over and over. Karli Nash, a junior nutrition and food science major, says “Rudolph” is her favorite holiday movie.
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas”: This charming yet humorous classic Christmas tale is bound to steal the hearts of many.
  • A Christmas Story”: A classic that all generations can enjoy. Gina Bartolino, a senior zoology major, says this is her “favorite Christmas movie because [she] grew up watching it with her family”
  • “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”: Although made in 1989, this one never gets old.
  • Elf”: This cute comedy is the favorite of many and is sure to get you into the holiday spirit. Gary Lyons, a senior finance major, chose “Elf” as his favorite holiday movie. Bartolino also said this movie made the top of her list.
  • “The Nightmare Before Christmas”: If you aren’t in the mood for a traditional Christmas movie then this Tim Burton classic is the one for you!

Movies Released this Holiday Season:

This article was created for the Holiday Gift Guide produced by College Avenue Magazine staff.