8 Out of the Box Date Ideas

Photo by Jamie Street on Unsplash

Year in and year out, Valentine’s Day seems to stay the same. This is your guide to breaking outside that clichéd heart-shaped box of chocolates.

There are several places in Fort Collins that are sick of traditional Valentine’s Day and are helping people like you break the mold. So, go out and do something fun!

The Dinner Detective

3750 S. Mason St.
Head to the Midtown Arts Center for an interactive murder mystery dinner show.

Blue Skies Winery

251 Jefferson St.
Nothing says Valentine’s Day better than wine. Guests attending Blue Skies Winery’s V-Day event will sample four different wines paired with cheese and chocolate.

The Chocolate Cafe

102 W. Olive St.
Indulge in some delicious treats for Valentine’s Day. The Chocolate Cafe won best dessert  as voted by students in the 2014 “Best of CSU.” Keep in mind that they serve more than just desserts.

Lyric Cinema Cafe

300 E. Mountain Ave.
Get classy this V-Day! Watch French film “Amélie” while you indulge in some great wine specials at the Lyric.

Jax Fish House

123 N. College Ave.
In the mood for seafood? Jax Fish House is offering a build-your-own three-course Valentine’s Day dinner.

Hilton Valentine’s Dinner and Dance

425 W. Prospect Rd.
The Fort Collins Hilton Hotel is throwing a semi-formal dinner and dance Feb. 14 for you and your loved one this year.

Come Back to the Table Cooking Classes

725 E. Mulberry St.
Spend quality time with your loved one learning how to truly make love in the kitchen. The “Cooking for Lovers” features a cooking class and take-home recipe book.

Pinot’s Palette

159 W. Mountain Ave.
Spend your Valentine’s Day letting out your creative side during one of two Pinot Palette painting classes. Champagne and dessert included!

This article was produced for College Avenue’s Love, Sex, and Relationships issue.