Popular Fall Nail Trends To Try

Patrons to L.A. Nails can choose from a variety of different nail polishes. Photo by Ricki Watkins.

Want to treat yourself to a salon day but not sure where to start? Begin with the most popular nail salon in Fort Collins, L.A. Nails, which has won best nail salon for four consecutive years.

At L.A. Nails, you can experiment with some of the most popular nail trends.

“My favorite thing we do is glitter nails and the pink and white because it looks more natural and looks really nice,” said Kim Truong, a manicurist from L.A. Nails. “The most common designs are the glitter nails, or shellac colors.”

Glitter nails or sparkle nails are polishes in various colors with glitter in them to add a little more excitement to regular nail colors. Shellac or gel colors come with a shiny overcoat that will never dull.

Shellac or gel colors are very popular because the coat protects the color from chipping or peeling and can help protect your nails if you  want to grow out your natural nails.

According to Truong, the pale pink color makes your nails “look natural even if the nail is fake.”

Simple-colored nails are a popular trend seen all over the CSU campus. Dark and warm fall colors are commonly seen because of the season, but every once in a while, you can spot a bright and vibrant color.

“Dark-colored nails are my favorite because they go with every outfit,” said Kelly Howell, a first-year zoology student.

“Any picture you bring in from the Internet, we can do exactly, or do it better.” — Kim Truong, manicurist from L.A. Nails

If you are looking for a more creative trend, free-hand nail designs are the trend to follow. So, if you are a fan of Pinterest, you can find a nail design that suits you, and any of the manicurists at L.A. Nails can duplicate the design and change the color, or anything about the design that you dislike, to make it perfect for you.

“Any picture you bring in from the Internet, we can do exactly, or do it better,” Truong said.

The holidays are coming up, so Halloween- and Christmas-themed nails are a popular trend around this time of year.

Another common service from L.A. Nails is the deluxe pedicure.

“The deluxe pedicure has sea salt and hot wax, with a long massage for relaxation,” Truong said.

All of these common nail designs can also be applied during your pedicure. Any design, shellac or glitter colors can be done to match your manicure.

If all of theses are too complex for you, and you are looking for a simpler trend, L.A. Nails has a variation of colors and styles to choose from.  Any manicurist from L.A. Nails can help you find something that is just right for you.

L.A. Nails is located on Taft Hill Road off West Elizabeth Street. Stop by to experience the best nail salon as voted by CSU.

This article was created for the 2014 Best of CSU issue produced by the College Avenue Magazine staff.