‘Tis the Season to Start Cramming

Mugs at the Oval offers a pumpkin spice latte for the fall season. (Photo by Davis Bonner)

‘Tis the season of pumpkin spice lattes, all-nighter study sessions and figuring out where you are going to study for your midterms and finals when your roommate is blasting his/her music all night. Don’t worry, College Avenue has the scoop on some of the best places on and off campus to study.

Late nights often call for copious amounts of espresso, and the best place to get your coffee fix this year is The Alley Cat. Other than the helpful fact that it’s open 24/7, The Alley Cat boasts a warm atmosphere, good lighting and large tables to spread out your work or to work with friends.

Another off-campus study spot is Mugs Coffee Lounge. Mugs, open from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily, is closer to campus with longer tables than most small shops. These longer tables also mean that there will be less people than the always-busy Alley Cat, in case you want a little less noise and busyness.

Not into coffee, but still want to get off campus? Rainbow Café is just off campus on Laurel Street and offers indoor and outdoor seating and a cozy atmosphere. If you go in the evening, you might hear a live band accompany your studying – should you be cramming for music appreciation, it might provide inspiration.

It’s midterm season, Rams, and finding a study space that is right for you is imperative. Good luck with your midterms and finals, Rams!

This article was created for the 2014 Best of CSU issue produced by the College Avenue staff.