Your Nails Can Be Healthy and Beautiful With SNS

SNS natural nails come in over 300 colors. Photo credit: Missy Miller

A day spent at the nail salon with friends is always a fun time. However, beyond the gossip, foot massages and glossy nails, it can be hard to maintain nails without chipping polish or breaking nails a couple of weeks later. The newest trendy solution to these problems is SNS Natural Nails, which can be found at a few salons around Colorado State University.

SNS is a dipping powder that coats the nails rather than being directly applied.

SNS is a dipping powder that coats the nails rather than being directly applied. An adhesive base is first applied to natural nails, then dipped in the colorful powder and finally topped with a sealing layer that dries almost instantaneously. The base itself is formulated to build the strength of the nails and it promotes natural and rapid growth.

“SNS nails are great because they are as strong as acrylics and stay on just as long…They are also powder based and don’t use a UV light so they are healthier for your nails,” Anna Nguyen said, a T-Nails Spa nail artist.

According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information, UV lights are commonly used for traditional gel nails and can be a leading cause of skin cancer. The modification to nail beauty that SNS provides eradicates the need to use a UV light. Acrylic nails can also be harsh and damaging because there is nothing in the adhesive to help promote nail growth. SNS, on the other hand, forms to the natural shape of nails and is filled with vitamins A, E, D and B5.

Color Palette

SNS comes in over 300 different colors, including ombré and french manicure options. They are also lightweight and flexible, combining the feeling of an acrylic nail and gel nail.

“My nails grow longer and stronger with SNS, and I am always happy with the health of my nails when I get SNS taken off,” Lauren Willis said, a CSU finance major and avid SNS nail user.

Yet another positive side about SNS is that it is stainless and odorless, which makes it an easy-to-use and safe product for anyone.

The SNS product comes from a family-owned business. Their mission is to improve the quality of beauty products for their consumers and to continue to offer healthy and safe beauty supplies. SNS knows that women care about their health and beauty simultaneously, so their goal is to meet this expectation in nail fashion. According to their website, SNS has also been rated number-one by their worldwide consumers.

Powder
Get a SNS french manicure from $35-$45. Photo credit: Missy Miller

Nail salons around CSU that offer SNS include: Nail Logix Advanced Nail Car & Wellness, T-Nails Spa, U Got Nails and Timberline Nails & Spa. SNS manicures are available at any of these locations for anywhere from $35 to $45 depending on the style of the nails.

This new and improved way to keep nails looking fabulous is sure to inspire students to hit the nearest salon and try SNS.